Nimali Tarangire Camp
Tarangire National Park
Nimali Tarangire Camp
Nimali Tarangire is a hidden gem. Small and intimate, this tented camp nestles under the shade of acacia trees overlooking a pretty dry riverbed bordered by huge and dramatic granite boulders. Nimali Tarangire sits contentedly in its own private concession, bordering Tarangire National Park. The concession, together with the surrounding Wildlife Management Area, is simply an extension of the Park and offers exclusive game viewing far from the crowds. There are no fences between our private concession, the surrounding Wildlife Management Area or the National Park and animals wander freely between these areas.
Lodge HighlightsWhen to go
All Year Round Price
From $750 pp All Inclusive Highlights
Impressive Tarangire Wildlife and Birdlife Ideal Stay
Minimum 5 Nights
Nimali Tarangire Camp Booking Seasons
Stay at Nimali Tarangire Camp
Set alongside a dry riverbed peppered with huge granite boulders and well hidden amongst the acacia and baobab trees, Nimali Tarangire sits peacefully in its own private concession, adjacent to the eastern boundary of Tarangire National Park and, most importantly, away from the mainstream vehicles visiting the National Park. No-one else is allowed to drive within our own private concession and we use open vehicles for all of our game activities. We offer guided walks and night drives as well as the option of sundowners whilst overlooking this beautiful, rather wild area.
Tarangire National Park is lush and green, particularly in the early part of the year, and one of the most beautiful National Parks in Tanzania. Home to large herds of elephant, prolific birdlife and plentiful year-round game, the wildlife spills into the Nimali concession and is often found just metres from the Camp, around a large waterhole. Our concession eases the pressure for wildlife inside the Park, preserves and protects our surrounding habitat, allows our local communities to derive meaningful and lasting benefits from the land and ensures our guests have a private and exceptional wildlife experience.
Accommodation at Nimali Tarangire Camp
This intimate camp consists of ten expedition style tents of light, airy canvas on slightly raised decking, with beautiful views of the riverbed and dramatic boulders beneath. Each guest tent is large and stylishly furnished with a sense of exploration offering a large, leather strapped travelling chest, private deck and en-suite facilities of flush loo, double vanity basin and revitalizing rain shower. The spacious decks are perfect for private dining and in-room spa treatments. Fans and open sided walls (with mesh) allow the rooms to remain cool and comfortable during the heat of the day. Early mornings are a particularly special time when the riverbed is dappled with the first rays of sunshine and guests, savoring coffee whilst sitting on the deck, often see elephant enjoying a hearty breakfast on the opposite side of the bank.
Two of the tents are linked together and designed for families or couples travelling together. Connected by a large lounge overlooking a private deck and complete with plunge pool, these suites are a mix of contemporary and earthy furnishings, complete with fixed bathroom walls and wooden doors. Each tent is expansive with plenty of room for a writing desk and a reading corner.
Experience Nimali Tarangire Camp
Nimali Tarangire is a stunning eight room tented camp, designed with tranquility in mind. Guests are welcomed into a spacious, open-fronted lounge overlooking lovely views towards the swimming pool and a waterhole beyond. Natural materials set the tone for relaxation where natural fabrics, wood, canvas and leather blend with a contemporary décor for a sense of elegance and comfort. The dining area opens up to a traditional boma with a firepit and comfortable chairs, simply waiting for the night to draw in and the stories to begin.
The exclusiveness of a private concession allows guests to enjoy many activities that are not available to those staying inside the National Park including guided walks, game drives, sundowners and night drives in open 4x4 vehicles. Relax with a private spa treatment in your room followed by a delicious light lunch under the cool canopy of trees overhanging the riverbed or a surprise bush dinner surrounded by candlelight and the gentle, rhythmic sounds of the bush. In the evenings, you are offered a la carte dining, as opposed to traditional buffet, with a simple choice of delicious meals inspired by the seasons.
Things to do at Nimali Tarangire Camp
- Sundowners: A perfect end to a perfect day! Enjoy a cold drink as you watch the dramatic shades of the African sunset and ponder over the day’s experiences.
- Balloon Safaris: Enjoy one of the iconic experiences of Africa, floating gently over the Serengeti national park as the sun rises, watching wildlife and gliding over the endless plains. Balloon Safaris are done early in the mornings and guests are served with hot bush breakfast after the flight.
- Champagne Bush Breakfast: Enjoying a champagne bush breakfast is the perfect way of starting your safari experience.
- Spa Services: At Essence Spa you experience holistic balance. Let the blend of oils take you beyond tranquility and relaxation. Let your mind come at peace in the hands of our skilled therapists. Explore a range of spa journeys and healing treatments inspired by the raw beauty of the Savannah, the majesty of the mountains of this great continent, as well as the exquisite allure of the local flora and fauna. Natural elements from Africa have been chosen for their purity and cultural authenticity. This must be booked in advance.
- Bush Lunch & Dinner: Depending on the weather one must book a bush lunch or dinner. It is truly a magical experience. A private bush lunch setup while on safari is a delightful surprise and a memorable experience. While, a romantic candle light dinner under the star lit African sky is an experience not to be missed.
- Night Game Drives: Night game drives are an opportunity for the guests to see the nightlife of the park and reveal the elusive magic of nocturnal Africa. An experience that is not often permitted in Tanzania’s national parks.
- Bird Watching: Tarangire boasts a large number of Birds. This can be booked with our professional guides and a retreat for bird lovers.
- Hot Air Balloon Safaris: Enjoy one of the iconic experiences of Africa, floating gently over the Tarangire national park as the sun rises, watching herds of elephants and gliding over the ancient baobab trees. Balloon Safaris are done early in the mornings and guests are served with hot bush breakfast after the flight.
- Walking Safaris: Enjoy and learn about the nature and observe the wildlife with our experienced & knowledgeable walking guides along with an armed Ranger. Get up close and personal with the wildlife whilst taking a walking safari. Walking Safaris are best done in the morning.
Select Tour Ideas
A selection of tour itineraries to showcase what you can do. We encourage you to pick destinations of interest and we custom-make your safari to give you a more personalized experience.
7 Days Big Game Experience
Sasaab Lodge, Samburu | Lewa Wilderness Lodge, Laikipia | Rekero Camp, Maasai Mara
7 Days Intrepid Tanzania
Nomad Chada Katavi Camp, Chada Katavi National Park | Greystoke Mahale, Mahale National Park
7 Days Ultimate Family Experience
Giraffe Manor, Nairobi | Campi ya Kanzi, Chyulu Hills | Olare Mara Kempinski, Maasai Mara
8 Days Migration Experience
Rekero Camp, Masai Mara Game Reserve | Lamai Camp, Serengeti National Park
8 Days Ultimate Bush and Beach
Mara Bush Tops, Masai Mara Game Reserve | Matemwe Beach House, Zanzibar
East Africa Top Luxury Destinations
Kenya epitomizes the safari destination with its big game, big skies, close-up bush encounters with the Big Five and ringside tickets to one of the wonders of the natural world, the annual wildebeest migration.
A bountiful land teeming with African wildlife, flourishing ecosystems and remarkable mountain ranges, Tanzania will forever be imprinted on your heart.