Olarro Luxury Camp
Maasai Mara Game Reserve
Olarro Luxury Camp
Magic is made real at Olarro. Here, an untamed wilderness meets another realm – a world of the utmost luxury. Olarro is more than a private safari. It’s an exhilarating mix of quickening heartbeats, induced by fixing a lion’s gaze, and spine-tingling refinement sparked by starlit savannah suppers. Here, your every whim is pre-empted and attended to in the presence of nature’s raw power. Irrepressibly wild and flawlessly finessed in the same breath, safari at Olarro defies belief and, at times, description.
Olarro Luxury Camp HighlightsWhen to go
All Year Round Price
From $1550 - per person sharing. Highlights
Mara Wildebeest Migration + The Big Five Ideal Stay
Minimum 4 Nights
Olarro Luxury Camp Booking Seasons
Stay at Olarro Luxury Camp
Located in the Loita Hills, perched on a 2,000m high vantage point and designed by renowned architect and artist Anthony Russell, Olarro Lodge is a stylish and exclusive property surrounded by a private wilderness with rolling hills of bush-land, savannah valleys and spreading acacias trees.
Olarro has a beautiful position and are guardians of approximately 20,000 acres, of a private wilderness pristine which offers a luxury safari experience away from the crowds and seeks to preserve the environment and its wildlife.
The Conservancy sits along the corridor of the annual wildebeest migration and plays a significant role in the Greater Nguruman, Loita, Mara, and Serengeti ecosystems.
With two different lodges on offer at Olarro, guests can choose between a secluded hilltop haven and a lodge meticulously planned to offer uninterrupted savannah views. While each opulent outpost offers a very different perspective, both escapes promise privileged safari views.
At Olarro Luxury Camp
Olarro Lodge has just just eight luxury sanctuaries. Every room has been designed as a tranquil retreat from the world outside. Each of these secluded sanctuaries boasts its own spacious bedroom and sumptuously appointed en-suite, complete with rainfall shower. Their interiors – elegantly designed with Kenyan influences – cocoon you in luxury.
Olarro prides itself on its cuisine, using the finest fresh ingredients from its eco garden to create unique signature dishes and gourmet meals. The chefs have been trained to the highest standard, and the wines are chosen to perfectly complement your fine dining experience.
Guests enjoy bush sundowners where drinks and snacks are served at a specially chosen site offering stunning views of the sunset over the rolling hills and plains. Bush dinners offer a spectacular dining experience under a star-studded sky, or a picnic table can be set up for guests who want to enjoy al-fresco dining within the beautiful grounds around Olarro.
For guests enjoying a full day game drive into the Maasai Mara, Olarro offers a luxury picnic hamper with delicious light meals and beverages.
At Olarro Luxury Camp
The terraced swimming pool adjoining the Spa is a series of small, inter-linked pools providing guests with privacy and the ideal place for a cool dip to escape the heat of the African sun. The pool area is a great place to relax and unwind with an iced drink.
The Olarro Spa is designed for luxurious pampering in extra special surroundings. Guests can unwind in the spa lounge overlooking the pool before or after their treatments. The Olarro Spa menu has a carefully selected range of therapies and treatments specially designed for relaxation or energising.
Olarro is one of the very few lodges in wildlife areas which is safe and child friendly, offering specially formulated activities for kids and families
Situated on the north side of the property, Main Olarro has seven cottages (3 twin rooms and 4 double rooms). The interiors are a cool white, accented by earth tone accessories and enhanced by modern décor chosen for its quality and the integrity of its design. All cottages have luxuriously appointed ensuite bathrooms with rainfall showers and Thera Vine bathroom amenities.
For those guests seeking total privacy and exclusivity, Little Olarro comprises a private house located a short distance from the main lodge. It has a luxury suite with a master bedroom, a smaller twin bedroom, lounge, dining area ,and veranda, all offering stunning views of the Loita plains. Both rooms have luxuriously appointed en suite bathrooms with rainfall showers and Thera Vine bathroom amenities.
Things to do at Olarro Luxury Camp
- Olarro offers a wide range of activities including unique night game drives with special infrared night vision goggles. Owing to its location and concept, guests can enjoy activities such as mountain biking, nature walks and specialised bird-watching with the licensed guides.
- Game drives are scheduled in the early mornings and late afternoons, which are the best times for game viewing. The route covers the area around the lodge and neighbouring conservancies, home to a variety of indigenous flora and fauna. Guests can also experience a full day safari into the Maasai Mara, including a luxury picnic lunch, as an optional extra.
- Guided nature walks are offered to observe and explore the traditional medicinal uses of different shrubs and trees, identify the spoor of the different animals and review the geology in the area.
- A Cultural Safari allows guests to gain firsthand experience and knowledge of Maasai life and culture. It includes a visit to the local Maasai village to see traditional Maasai homes, crafts including beadwork and Maasai customs such as the ceremonial rituals undergone when transitioning from childhood to warrior to elder. You can also enjoy traditional Maasai dances, such as the Warrior jumping contest, and experience other aspects of Maasai life lincluding fire making, spearing, and archery.
- An optional experience – and one of the highlights at Olarro – is a scenic helicopter flight into the Masai Mara, taking off from the lodge’s private helicopter pad at dawn. After an exhilarating flight into the reserve, guests have the rare opportunity to float over the million-strong wildebeest and zebra migration in a hot air balloon, followed by a sumptuous Champagne breakfast in a remote part of the Masai Mara. This optional activity requires pre-booking.
Select Tour Ideas
A selection of tour itineraries to showcase what you can do. We encourage you to pick destinations of interest and we custom-make your safari to give you a more personalized experience.
7 Days Big Game Experience
Sasaab Lodge, Samburu | Lewa Wilderness Lodge, Laikipia | Rekero Camp, Maasai Mara
7 Days Intrepid Tanzania
Nomad Chada Katavi Camp, Chada Katavi National Park | Greystoke Mahale, Mahale National Park
7 Days Ultimate Family Experience
Giraffe Manor, Nairobi | Campi ya Kanzi, Chyulu Hills | Olare Mara Kempinski, Maasai Mara
8 Days Migration Experience
Rekero Camp, Masai Mara Game Reserve | Lamai Camp, Serengeti National Park
8 Days Ultimate Bush and Beach
Mara Bush Tops, Masai Mara Game Reserve | Matemwe Beach House, Zanzibar
East Africa Top Luxury Destinations
Kenya epitomizes the safari destination with its big game, big skies, close-up bush encounters with the Big Five and ringside tickets to one of the wonders of the natural world, the annual wildebeest migration.
A bountiful land teeming with African wildlife, flourishing ecosystems and remarkable mountain ranges, Tanzania will forever be imprinted on your heart.